Set up your services
Follow these steps to add new or edit existing services:
MOBILE APP INSTRUCTIONS
(scroll down for desktop/tablet)
- Launch the Bookedin mobile app, then tap the Settings menu, then tap Services
- Now tap to edit or add a new service
- Now edit your service information! We recommend you write a compelling description and fill in as much detail as possible. For a full explanation of all settings, scroll to the bottom of this page.
DESKTOP & TABLET INSTRUCTIONS
- Log in to Bookedin
- In the top menu, go to Settings > Services
- Click Add New Service, or Edit beside any existing service.
- You'll now see the service edit screen where you can customize all of the settings!
- Service Name: Required. This will display on your public Online Booking Page.
- Description: Optional. This will also display on your public Online Booking Page. Write a few sentences about your service, and everything that's included.
- Category: Optional. This will help to organize your services on your public Online Booking Page.
- Duration: Required. Can be 5 minutes to 1440 minutes (24 hours)
- Break Time: Optional. Handy for travel time, clean up or preparing for the next appointment. Adds X minutes to the service duration.
- Price: Optional, but required if you choose to collect online payments for this service.
- Visible to public: Lets you hide or display the service on your public online booking page. Handy for seasonal services, or services you prefer to book yourself via the private scheduler.
- Lead Time: Can be any number of minutes. This setting prevents last minute bookings. Ex: if you need one hour notice before a new booking, set lead time to 60 minutes. If you need 12 hours notice, set lead time to 720 minutes.
- Payments: Adds online payment processing to this service. There are two different types of payments: required up-front payments, or a pay later option called "Request payment after booking is made". For this, your clients will see a green "Pay now" button after they book, in their confirmation email, and in the reminder email. Learn more about setting up online payments.
- Lead Time: Default is 60 minutes. Make this 0 minutes if you are OK with accepting last minute bookings. Make this longer, (ex. 540 min) if you prefer clients to book in advance.
- Available Calendars: (may say "available doctors" or another custom term for your industry). Make sure to check or un-check your calendars based on the service.
- Video Conferencing: Let's you add a zoom (or other) video conferencing link so clients can easily join for virtual appointments. Click here for a full tutorial on video conferencing.