If you set up BookedIN two-way iCloud sync and are not seeing appointments sync over properly, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
Problem: iCloud sync suddenly stopped working
As of June 15, 2017, iCloud requires app-specific passwords for all third-party software. This means you'll need to re-sync your BookedIN using an app-specific password. Instructions here.
Problem: sync is slow, or not appearing immediately in iPhone, iPad or desktop
Solution: Your iCloud refresh/fetch settings may need updating. Please update all devices as follows:
- iPad: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > iCloud > set to Push
- iPhone: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > iCloud: set to Push
- iCal/Calendar desktop: Settings > Preferences > Accounts > iCloud: Set "Refresh Calendars" to Every minute.
Problem: iCal desktop seems to be "offline"
Two-way sync is set up, but iCal desktop is not showing BookedIN created appointments. When you log in to BookedIN, the calendar is not showing events you created on iCal desktop. However, everything appears perfectly on your iPhone and iPad.
Solution: Your iCal desktop may not be syncing to iCloud properly. Try removing, then reconnecting your iCloud account on your desktop iCal/Calendar.
- Open iCal (aka "Calendar") on your Mac desktop computer
- In top menu, go to CALENDAR> PREFERENCES
- Choose ACCOUNTS, click on iCloud, then hit the "-" minus symbol to disconnect iCloud
- Now re-connect your iCloud: click the "+" symbol
- Choose iCloud and then sign in using your apple ID
- If you get asked to merge any offline calendars to iCloud, say yes/merge
- Once connected, choose "Refresh Calendars" drop down, and set to "every minute"
- Now test your iCal, and your BookedIN by creating a few appointments. Events created in either calendar should sync over in 1 minute or less.