Set up an email auto-responder
If your email inbox is constantly overflowing with client inquiries, a great way to cut down on communications and automate your appointment scheduling procedure is to set up an email auto-responder. This sends your client an automatic reply whenever they send you an email. Example:
- On your computer, open Gmail
- In the top right, click the "Gear" icon, then click Settings
- Scroll down to the "Vacation responder" section
- Select Vacation responder on
- Set "First day" as today, then uncheck "Last day" so the message will get delivered forever/ongoing
- Fill in the subject and message
Message "Hello there! Thank you for your interest in booking with me! You can book your appointment online here: https://directory.bookedin.com/your-business-name-here
👉 Click on link above
👉 Select ‘Next Available’ or click on calendar icon to select a date
👉 Select a time slot
👉 Fill in info, you’re all set!
If you have already done so, thank you so much and I look forward to working with you!"
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
If you have a Gmail signature, it will be shown at the bottom of your vacation response.
When your vacation reply is on, you'll see a banner across the top of your inbox that shows the subject of your vacation response. To turn off your vacation response, click End now.
Your vacation reply starts at 12:00 AM on the start date and ends at 11:59 PM on the end date, unless you end it earlier.
In most cases, your vacation response is only sent to people the first time they message you. Here are the times someone may see your vacation response more than once:
- If the same person contacts you again after four days and your vacation reply is still on, they'll see your vacation response again.
- Your vacation response starts over each time you edit it. If someone gets your initial vacation response, then emails you again after you've edited your response, they'll see your new response.
- If you use Gmail through your work, school, or other organization, you can choose whether your response is sent to everyone or only people in your organization.
- Note: Messages sent to your spam folder and messages addressed to a mailing list you subscribe to won't get your vacation response.