If you set up Bookedin two-way iCloud sync and are not seeing appointments sync over properly, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
Problem: sync is slow, or not appearing immediately in iPhone, iPad or desktop
Solution: Your iCloud settings on your device may need updating. Please follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app, then tap on your name at the top > iCloud > under "Apps Using iCloud" make sure "Calendars" is turned on
- Open Settings > Passwords & Accounts: at the bottom tap "Fetch New Data" then make sure the "Push" toggle is green/on. While on the same screen, tap on "iCloud" and set the schedule to "Push" (not fetch or manual)
- Open Settings > Calendar > Sync > make sure "All events" is selected
- Open Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar > make sure you select the calendar that you synced using Bookedin's sync feature
- Apple Calendar for desktop:
- Open the Calendar app. Then in the top click "Calendar" then "Preferences", then under "Accounts" make sure your apple iCloud email address has been added. If not click the + button to connect your iCloud account.
- Under Calendar > Preferences > Accounts: make sure "Refresh Calendars" is set to "every minute".
- Under Calendar > Preferences > General: make sure "Default Calendar" is set to be the same calendar you synced to Bookedin. If you need multiple, just login to Bookedin and set up more than one sync.
Problem: iCal desktop seems to be "offline"
Two-way sync is set up, but Apple's desktop calendar app is not showing Bookedin created appointments. When you log in to Bookedin, the calendar is not showing events you created on Apple Calendar's desktop app. However, everything appears perfectly on your iPhone and iPad.
Solution: Your Apple Calendar desktop app may not be syncing to iCloud properly. Try removing, then reconnecting your iCloud account on your desktop iCal/Calendar.
- Open the "Calendar" app on your Mac desktop computer
- In top menu, go to CALENDAR> PREFERENCES
- Choose ACCOUNTS, click on iCloud, then hit the "-" minus symbol to disconnect iCloud
- Now re-connect your iCloud: click the "+" symbol
- Choose iCloud and then sign in using your Apple ID
- If you get asked to merge any offline calendars to iCloud, say yes/merge
- Once connected, choose "Refresh Calendars" drop down, and set to "every minute"
- Now test your iCal, and your Bookedin by creating a few appointments. Events created in either calendar should sync in less than 1 minute.
Problem: iCloud sync suddenly stopped working
As of June 15, 2017, iCloud requires app-specific passwords for all third-party software. This means you'll need to re-sync your Bookedin using an app-specific password. Instructions here.